Ensuring the privacy of all Pleaz website visitors is of the highest priority. Therefore, Pleaz are serious about your security. This document explains how Pleaz handle your personal information.
Terms we use in this policy
When we say “Pleaz”, “we”, “our”, or “us”, we mean Pleaz ApS, Lyngbyvej 17, st., 2100 Copenhagen East, which is the entity responsible for processing your personal data. When we say “website” or “platform”, we refer to Pleaz.io.
2. Collection of personal information
The following types of personal information are collected, stored, and used:
- Information about your computer, including your IP address, geographic location, browser type and version, and operating system.
- Information about your visits and use of the website, including (but not limited to) the referral source, visit length, page views and navigation paths on the website.
- Information that you give us when we sign you up for our website. Such as email address and name.
- Information that you enter when using the services on our website. Information gathered while using our website includes when and how often you use our website.
- Information contained in any communication sent to us via email, including their communication content and metadata.
- Any other personal information that you submit to us.
3. Source of the data collection
Pleaz collects data about you through three sources: 1) Cookies set when you visit the website, platform, or service, 2) when you submit a form, and 3) by monitoring your IP-address.
4. Purpose of collecting the data
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used solely for the purpose specified in this policy. We may use your personal information for the following:
- Activating your use of the services available on our website.
- Sending messages, invoices, and payment reminders to you and collecting payments from you.
- Sending you email messages to remind you of relevant content on the platform or if specifically requested.
- Handling inquiries and complaints from or about you regarding our website.
- Keeping our website secure and preventing fraud.
- Verification of compliance with the terms and conditions of use of our website.
- Other relevant use.
5. Disclosure of personal information
We will not disclose your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing without your explicit consent.
We may disclose your personal information to our employees, managers, or suppliers as reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with ongoing or future litigation.
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for fraud prevention or credit risk mitigation).
- To the buyer (or potential buyer) of any business or asset that we sell (or are considering selling) to.
- To any person whom we responsibly believe may request a court or other competent authority the disclosure of this personal information where, in our responsible opinion, such court or authority is likely to order disclosure of such personal information.
Pleaz may use your data in an anonymous or aggregated form for internal or external use (such as computing industry trends, statistics, etc).
Except in the circumstances set out in this policy, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party under any circumstances.
6. Security of your personal information
Pleaz focuses on being a low-risk company, where the collection of personal data is minimal. The only personal data which will be used are the data described in this policy.
Pleaz uses HTTPS to ensure secure encryption of your data.
7. Storage of personal information
Pleaz is storing your personal data in a secured system following the current security requirements to the storage of personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
8. Data processing
Pleaz is processing your personal data only in a safe and confidential manner in compliance with current legislation, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Danish data protection legislation.
Pleaz uses a number of data processors for the above-mentioned processing of your personal information. To this end, Pleaz has entered into data processing agreements with said data processors, which guarantee that the data processors comply with applicable legislation regarding data protection, including the GDPR.
Pleaz only uses data processors placed in third countries after having ensured that the data processors have made binding and enforceable commitments to comply with European legislation on data protection, i.e. the GDPR, and thus ensured an adequate level of protection.
Consequently, personal data will only be transferred to data processors based in the US if said data processors have acceded to the EU US Privacy Shield.
9. International Transfers
Information we collect may be stored, processed, and transmitted between any of the countries in which we operate, or our Sub-processors maintain data processing operations, to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy. We shall at all times provide an adequate level of protection for the Customer Data processed, in accordance with the requirements of Data Protection Laws.
For further information please see the list of all our sub-processors.
10. Third-Party websites
‘Pleaz Data collection and handling’ contains details of third-party websites. Pleaz have no control over and are not responsible for, third-party privacy policies and practices.
11. Requests regarding your personal data
If you find that the personal data Pleaz is processing about you is false or inadequate, please let us know and Pleaz will rectify the information (your right to rectification). Further, please let us know if you wish to receive the personal data Pleaz store about you in a machine-readable format (exercise your right to data portability). You can contact us via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to exercise these rights, the right to restriction of processing, or the right to erasure.
12. Retention period
Pleaz will save your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose stated in the contract or for as long as you want to receive emails etc. with offers and newsletters from Pleaz. To be able to document compliance with the GDPR, the Danish Data Protection Act, and the Danish Marketing Practices Act, Pleaz will store your name, your email address and your consent to the purposes stated related to receiving newsletters and offers for 2 years after you have withdrawn your consent to receive any more emails, etc. from Pleaz.
We may update this policy from time to time. We may notify you of changes to this policy via email.
14. Last updated
This is version 1.2 of Pleaz’s GDPR policy and was updated October 26, 2023.
A cookie is a file that contains an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies can either be “persistent cookies” or “session cookies”. A persistent cookie is stored by a web browser and remains valid until its set expiration date unless deleted by the user before. A session cookie expires at the end of the user session when the web browser is closed.
- To allow you to navigate the website more quickly and easily;
- To remember that you have used the website before, allowing us to identify you, as well as the number of unique visitors We receive and manage capacity;
- To remember your login session as you move from one page to the next within the platform;
- To store your settings and preferences;
- To customize some aspects of the platform to reflect your interests and preferences; and
- To collect statistical information about how you use the website, allowing Us to improve our services over time.
Cookies typically do not contain personally identifiable information to the user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
For information regarding the processors behind the cookies please see the list of all our sub-processors.
15.2. How to remove cookies
To clear previously stored data, please remove all cookies in your browser settings.
- In Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- In Firefox (version 24) you can delete cookies by clicking on “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy” and then selecting “Use custom history settings”, clicking “View cookies” and then clicking “Remove all cookies”.
- In Chrome (version 29) you can delete cookies by opening the “Customize and control” menu and clicking on “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browser data” and then select “Delete cookies and other plug-in-data” before clicking ”Clear Browser Data”.
15.3. How to avoid tracking
If you do not wish to be tracked, please use Google Analytics Opt-out, AdBlock, or other appropriate extensions for your browser to prevent add-tracking.
15.4. Choosing not to accept cookies
You are not obliged to accept cookies from our Pleaz website. However, please note that by declining the usage of cookies, some services on the Pleaz website might not be accessible for you or maybe not work as intended.
16. List of all sub-processors
Pleaz authorises the engagement of the sub-processors found in the full privacy report